I-88 West Illinois Doing Business Here
Access, Affordability, the I-88 West region.
I-88 West is centrally located between the major Midwestern population and distribution centers of Chicago, the Quad Cities, St. Louis and Minneapolis, giving your business connected, central access to a global market, without major urban prices or hassle.
Less Cost, Great Reach
Your dollars go further in I-88 West: a recent study showed significant cost advantages for distribution/logistics and manufacturing businesses in the corridor as compared with the Chicago-area suburbs across all major cost categories--wages and benefits, site location, inbound and outbound transportation costs, utilities and operating conditions. Add to this I-88 West’s aggressive business incentives including tax credits, exemptions and abatements, Enterprise Zones, TIF and foreign trade zones, and your business is well-positioned for success in I-88 West.
Ready-to-go Sites and Buildings
You’ll find a variety of shovel-ready sites, plus a number of attractive existing buildings, all at a significant savings over suburban Chicago locations--for example; the cost of building a distribution center in the region is 38% lower than the cost of building a similar-sized facility in suburban Chicago.
Easy Access to the World
Volatile fuel prices make it critical to have ready access to multiple shipping options. I-88 West delivers:
- Highways: I-88 connects you directly to the Chicago area and to other hubs throughout the midwest with direct access to coast-to-coast highways and intersecting state highway systems
- Global III Intermodal Hub: just 15 miles away in Rochelle, near the northeast corner of the I-88 West Region.
- Rail: Both Union Pacific and Burlington Northern run through the region
- Air: Four nearby airports, including Chicago’s O’Hare International
- Port Access: at the Mississippi barge in nearby Fulton
A Growing Pool of Skilled Labor
Our local workforce is educated and adaptable, experienced in manufacturing and logistics, so you’ll be able to get your business up and running quickly and smoothly. I-88 West also offers ongoing workforce training and education programs that continue to cultivate the 21st-century skills your business demands. Sauk Valley Community College offers customized, on- or off-site training programs, supplementing a host of state training opportunities.
We have what it takes to attract and retain top-notch employees.