You need a location that balances unsurpassed access to global markets, cost advantages and a high quality of life. A location with a team of regional economic development experts to help you make the most of the region’s significant advantages. You need I-88 West.
I-88 West is ideally situated for your business needs--in the middle of everywhere you need to be for greater access, less cost:
- Located between Chicago, the Quad Cities, St. Louis, Minneapolis and Milwaukee
- Direct access to Interstates 88,39 and 90 with connecting state highways--2,169 miles of interstate highway serve Illinois, connecting to another 35,505 miles of state highways
- Access to the Union Pacific rail main line and the Burlington Northern Line
- Two new intermodal facilities in Joliet and Rochelle will be the industry’s state-of-the-art terminals, with over 25 trains and 3,000 containers expected to be expedited daily.
- Easy access to a shared Global III intermodal facility
- Over 1,100 miles of navigable waterways connecting Illinois to the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean
- Four airports, including nearby Chicago O’Hare, the world’s second busiest airport
I-88 West provides unparallel access to world markets--all for a significant savings on land, labor, utilities and operating costs over Chicago-area suburbs.
You will find a skilled and adaptable workforce ready to help your business succeed, and a unique quality of life featuring affordable housing, safe communities, indoor and outdoor recreation and tourism opportunities.